General Manager Student Experience
Kaplan Business School
12:10 PM It’s what they want, not what you think they want: Using Student Feedback to reduce attrition and stay relevant
In the 2016 SES Survey, of the students that reported that they’d considered abandoning their studies that year 22% attributed this to their expectations not being met. Receiving ongoing, up to date feedback from your current cohort of students is vital to both understand and meet their expectations.
This session will focus on:
- Explore different methods and modes of getting feedback from your students and the effectiveness of each
- The role of student feedback in academic governance and the overall student experience
- Effect utilisation of student feedback to reduce attrition
9:40 AM Panel Discussion: ‘Getting to Know’ Students for Improved Support Outcomes amongst all Students
Due to reforms to higher education, a changing economy and a rapid expansion of technology; the student cohort has changed dramatically in recent years. More students are working part time, caring for families, choosing to study externally and struggling financially. In order to adequately support and retain these students we must first understand what drives and challenges them in their student journey. This session will be an opportunity to come together and discuss strategies for institutions to engage with students on a personal level and provide channels for them to comfortably voice their concerns and issues.
- How can we improve the amount and quality of contact we have with students to collect more valuable information?
- What measures can be taken to make our institutions more approachable and student-centric?
- How can we better communicate this important information to all relevant staff members so that it is actioned accordingly?